Djibouti Airport General Aviation / Business Aviation Operation JIB - HDAM
1. Visa requirements CREW: Crew members holding the crew member licenses or certificates listed in the General Declaration can enter the Republic of Djibouti (RoD) and stay in the country for 72 hours.
PAX: Any person wishing to travel to the RoD must obtain an eVisa (https://www.evisa.gouv.dj) before the trip if the purpose of the trip is tourism, business, or transit. It is advisable to apply at least one week before your trip and take into account the weekend days in the RoD (Friday and Saturday). The eVisa is only valid for one entry and its validity period begins on the date you specified in your application. You may enter the RoD on any date within this validity period. Please note that the duration of validity is different from the duration of the stay. The length of your stay cannot exceed that mentioned on your eVisa. To apply for eVisa you need a passport valid for at least 6 months, a flight reservation, an accommodation address (Hotel or at your host's), an invitation letter (organization or host with their contacts), and a credit card. eVisa or Visa on arrival is possible for certain nationalities, most USA , European, African, Asian nationals can get a visa on arrival. Please let us know the pax nationalities to confirm visa on arrival.
2. Landing permit requirements Both PRIVATE/CORPORATE flights (CFR Part 91) and NON-SCHEDULED COMMERCIAL/CHARTER flights (CFR Part 135) require overflight or landing permits. The application for flight operation shall be submitted to the CAA no later than 3 (three) working days before the operation. Operator AOC, Aircraft docs, Crew Passport copies are required.
3. Any restrictions for GENERAL AVIATION/BUSINESS AVIATION operations? Is there any curfew at the airport? No restrictions. only landing permission must be obtained from DCAA.
4. Operational Hours: - Aerodrome, CIQ, and Handling operational hours; 24/ 7 Operational - Fuel truck availability 24/ 7 Operational - Aerodrome Fire Fighting Category; 24/ 7 Operational - Essential local AD and flight/traffic regulations for GA/BA flights in brief; 24/ 7 Operational - Noise restrictions and Noise abatement procedures in brief; No restriction on Noise 5. CIQ
customs and immigration procedures for passengers and the crew for arrival and departure Djibouti Airport is a small airport and CIQ procedure goes as standard smooth and quick.
6. Aircraft Parking
What is the parking position for GA/BA aircraft and any parking restrictions ?
As Assigned by the ATC Control , no special parking spots
- opportunity to park a/c using Power In/Power Out (Roll-In/Roll-Out) is possible and subject to Tower approval and availability upon crew request. Towing/push-back is not mandatory it is subject to ATC and Tower instructions and availability 7. Meeting Point
Djibouti Airport has relatively a small Terminal, The meeting point for GA/BA will be the entrance of Djibouti Airport Terminal. Sonic Jet supervisors will be waiting for Crew and Pax to greet and assist. The crew and passengers will use the same terminal. Aircraft Hangar is not Available
- What is FBO/GAT VHF to contact on arrival if available? Mob. : +253 77 68 53 23 VHF 118.1
9. Catering options. The lead time for a catering order is 24 hours before departure. Catering Can be arranged from Djibouti Airport official caterer or any restaurant and hotel. To bring the catering to the aircraft from a restaurant or a hotel, Sonic Jet staff can assist in bringing the catering to the aircraft. Catering Storage is not recommended, cooling facility might not available, weather is hot and humid most time of the year. Also caterer may not allow storing of brought catering.
Fresh VIP and high standard catering can be arranged from JIB Airport caterer or Djibouti Palace Kempinski (5 stars hotel).
10. Flight Slot
Arrival/departure slot is not required for GA/BA flights, only landing permission is needed from DCAA. Any change in flight schedule, DCAA must be notified.
For more information you can check our website page : https://www.sonicjet.aero/jib
please fee free to send email to : Djibouti@sonicjet.aero or call our station manager +253 77 68 53 23 or OCC +971 6 557 1898